1/1 Photo of Deluxe Baked Marshmallow Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Squares Bar
A chocolate cake bottom topped with a chocolate, peanut butter rice cereal topping, and a gooey marshmallow filling. Prep time includes making the peanut butter topping. this can also be made successfully in a 13x9-inch baking pan, in fact I make it all the time in that size pan, and the rice cereal/peanut butter mixture can be doubled if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (I use 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 4 cups mini marshmallows (can use more marshmallows if desired)
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (I use Rice Krispies cereal)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a jelly roll pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and sugar for about 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add in eggs and vanilla; beat for another 2 minutes.
- 5In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa; add to the creamed mixture; stir until well combined.
- 6Add/mix in nuts (if using).
- 7Spread in a greased jelly roll pan.
- 8Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven, and sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the cake; return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- 10Using a knife dipped in water, spread the hot marshmallows evenly over the cake; cool.
- 11For the topping: combine chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- 12Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until well blended and smooth.
- 13Remove from heat, stir in the rice cereal.
- 14Dollop mixture over the bars (don't worry about completely covering the marshmallows).
- 15Chill and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deluxe Baked Marshmallow Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Squares Bar
Serving Size: 1 (1653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2333.3
- Calories from Fat 1169
- Total Fat 129.9 g
- Saturated Fat 60.7 g
- Cholesterol 364.0 mg
- Sodium 1527.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 280.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 189.2 g
- Protein 40.8 g