Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a Hershey's cook book and decided to try it not knowing if i really liked toffee- they were amazing. I was so suprised how easy this recipe was. My dad told me that i wasn't allowed to make them anymore because they were so good. =] I used a half cup of walnuts and a half cup of pecan and it turned out great!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Combine flour, brown sugar, and butter in a large bowl; mix until fine crumbs form, though a few large crumbs may remain. Press into an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle nuts over crust and set aside to prepare toffee topping.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 30 seconds. Pour over crust immediately.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until topping is bubbly and golden. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top, if needed, press gently onto surface.
- Cool completely and cut into bars. Enjoy!
WOW! 10 Stars for these EASY and Delicious Bars. You are right.They are addictive. Served these to 16 people and all had to have the recipe. Thanks for posting. My husband is REALY thankful. :-)