I found this in a Hershey's cook book and decided to try it not knowing if i really liked toffee- they were amazing. I was so suprised how easy this recipe was. My dad told me that i wasn't allowed to make them anymore because they were so good. =] I used a half cup of walnuts and a half cup of pecan and it turned out great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans (you can substitute any nut you like)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- 2Combine flour, brown sugar, and butter in a large bowl; mix until fine crumbs form, though a few large crumbs may remain. Press into an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle nuts over crust and set aside to prepare toffee topping.
- 3In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 30 seconds. Pour over crust immediately.
- 4Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until topping is bubbly and golden. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top, if needed, press gently onto surface.
- 5Cool completely and cut into bars. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deliciously Easy Toffee-Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 46.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g