1/1 Photo of Delicious Rocky Road Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
I first tasted these when my mom used to make them when I was a child, and although that was many moons ago, they still make me feel like a kid when I eat 'em! The melted chocolate drizzle at the end makes these brownies rich and very chocolaty!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine (I use butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1For the brownies, melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove chocolate/butter mixture from heat and stir in the sugar.
- 3Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- 4Be sure to mix well.
- 5Blend in the vanilla.
- 6Combine flour and salt, add to mixture and blend together.
- 7Spread the batter into a buttered 9 inch square baking pan.
- 8Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- 9Cool brownies in the pan on a rack for 10 minute.
- 11While brownies are cooling, melt butter and chocolate in saucepan for topping.
- 12Sprinkle brownies evenly with marshmallows and walnuts.
- 13Return brownies to oven and bake another 3 minutes.
- 14Remove brownies and drizzle with the melted chocolate.
- 15Cool in pan, then cut into squares or rectangles.
- 18If you want to reduce the calories, just cut the marshmallows to 1 cup, and omit the walnuts, but if your gonna eat brownies WHY would ya do that?
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Rocky Road Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.9 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g