I first tasted these when my mom used to make them when I was a child, and although that was many moons ago, they still make me feel like a kid when I eat 'em! The melted chocolate drizzle at the end makes these brownies rich and very chocolaty!!
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine (I use butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- For the brownies, melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove chocolate/butter mixture from heat and stir in the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Be sure to mix well.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt, add to mixture and blend together.
- Spread the batter into a buttered 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool brownies in the pan on a rack for 10 minute.
- While brownies are cooling, melt butter and chocolate in saucepan for topping.
- Sprinkle brownies evenly with marshmallows and walnuts.
- Return brownies to oven and bake another 3 minutes.
- Remove brownies and drizzle with the melted chocolate.
- Cool in pan, then cut into squares or rectangles.
- If you want to reduce the calories, just cut the marshmallows to 1 cup, and omit the walnuts, but if your gonna eat brownies WHY would ya do that?