This is one of my favorite cake recipes...I usually bake a different cake recipe every week, so I have collected a lot of great cake recipes over the years....this one comes from "The all New Blue Ribbon" cookbook featuring prize winning recipes from America's state fairs...I think you will love this one....enjoy!
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 (8-in) round cake pans (cake can also be baked in a 13x9-in pan).
- Prepare streusel mix; set aside.
- In a med bowl, beat together the shortening and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla; fold in sour cream.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Fold into creamed mixture, stirring only enough to blend (don't overbeat).
- In baking pans, sprinkle 1/3 of the streusel mix on the bottom.
- Carefully spread 1/2 of cake batter on top of the streusel.
- Sprinkle with another 1/3 of the streusel mix.
- Spread the remaining cake batter over top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining streusel mix on top.
- Bake for 40 mins, or until cakes test done.
- Cool 10 mins before removing out onto serving plates.
- Serve warm, or at room temp.