1/4 Photos of Delicious Banana Cake with Streusel Filling
This is one of my favorite cake recipes...I usually bake a different cake recipe every week, so I have collected a lot of great cake recipes over the years....this one comes from "The all New Blue Ribbon" cookbook featuring prize winning recipes from America's state fairs...I think you will love this one....enjoy!
My Private Note
8inch r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco is best)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 2 (8-in) round cake pans (cake can also be baked in a 13x9-in pan).
- 3Prepare streusel mix; set aside.
- 4In a med bowl, beat together the shortening and sugar until creamy.
- 5Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla; fold in sour cream.
- 6In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 7Fold into creamed mixture, stirring only enough to blend (don't overbeat).
- 8In baking pans, sprinkle 1/3 of the streusel mix on the bottom.
- 9Carefully spread 1/2 of cake batter on top of the streusel.
- 10Sprinkle with another 1/3 of the streusel mix.
- 11Spread the remaining cake batter over top.
- 12Sprinkle with the remaining streusel mix on top.
- 13Bake for 40 mins, or until cakes test done.
- 14Cool 10 mins before removing out onto serving plates.
- 15Serve warm, or at room temp.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Banana Cake with Streusel Filling
Serving Size: 1 (1242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2372.3
- Calories from Fat 1103
- Total Fat 122.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 1893.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 293.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 164.9 g
- Protein 39.6 g