Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Had some "not so pretty" apples I wanted to put to good use. I had all the ingredients at home and gave it a shot. First I was worried about leftovers (since the hubby isn't big on sweet stuff), but no worries there ... it's gonna be gone by today. SO Good !! Remarks to the recipe If you use sweeter apples I would use only half of the sugar. Also, you can soak the apple pieces in your favorite liquor :) or poor a shot into the cake mix. I used some Amaretto, but Rum or Whiskey works too.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease an 8 or 9 inch pan.
- Spread 1 cup of the apples in the pan.
- Separate biscuits and cut each into quarters. Top the apples with the biscuit pieces, "pointy side up", top with 1/2 cup of apples.
- Combine remaining butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, liquor (if using) and the egg. Poor over biscuit and apples. Top with the nuts.
- Bake at 350°F 35-45 minute or until golden brown. Cool for 5-10 minute
- For the glaze mix all ingredients -- easy on the milk, glaze should not be too runny.
- Top the warm cake with the glaze, let cool for a few minutes and ENJOY.