1/2 Photos of Delicious and Quick Apple Bake
Had some "not so pretty" apples I wanted to put to good use. I had all the ingredients at home and gave it a shot. First I was worried about leftovers (since the hubby isn't big on sweet stuff), but no worries there ... it's gonna be gone by today. SO Good !! Remarks to the recipe If you use sweeter apples I would use only half of the sugar. Also, you can soak the apple pieces in your favorite liquor :) or poor a shot into the cake mix. I used some Amaretto, but Rum or Whiskey works too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 (12 ounce) can flakey biscuits
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or less)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2-3/4 cup pecans or 1/2-3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease an 8 or 9 inch pan.
- 3Spread 1 cup of the apples in the pan.
- 4Separate biscuits and cut each into quarters. Top the apples with the biscuit pieces, "pointy side up", top with 1/2 cup of apples.
- 5Combine remaining butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, liquor (if using) and the egg. Poor over biscuit and apples. Top with the nuts.
- 6Bake at 350°F 35-45 minute or until golden brown. Cool for 5-10 minute
- 7For the glaze mix all ingredients -- easy on the milk, glaze should not be too runny.
- 8Top the warm cake with the glaze, let cool for a few minutes and ENJOY.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious and Quick Apple Bake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 455.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g