This is my husbands favorite pie recipe! His mom made it the first time for me and I've tweaked the recipe some. This is the most perfect summer indulgence! Cook time equals chill time.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (plus extra for garnish, if desired, 1 8-ounce container equals 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, rinsed and patted dry
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix, sour cream, milk, and orange rind.
- Add the whipped topping and beat with a wire whisk for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Spoon half the mixture into the pie crust.
- Press the strawberries, stem-side down, into the mixture, then top with the remaining mixture.
- Freeze the pie for about 1 hour or refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and/or strawberries.
This was so easy and so GOOD!! I used orange extract instead of orange rind, light sour cream, and sugar free pudding. It was awesome! Thanks for sharing!
We really didn't care for the flavor of this pudding pie. We felt the vanilla flavored pudding was too dense and didn't go well with the orange zest and strawberrys. Thanks though for posting your recipe.
I took this to picnic Saturday morning and EVERONE loved it! I loved how easy it was to put together with fabulous results. I made my own graham cracker crust and put a bit of orange extract in the crumbs.....yummy!!