1/2 Photos of Date Bars
In these, the dates are mixed right into the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely broken walnut meats
- 3 1/2 cups pitted dates, cut into small pieces
- icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2Butter and line with parchment a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 3Beat butter in medium bowl.
- 4Gradually add sugar and beat until combined (mixture will appear grainy).
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Stir in milk and vanilla.
- 7Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.
- 8Add to butter mixture and stir until just blended.
- 9Mix dates and walnuts gently into batter.
- 10Transfer batter to pan; smooth top.
- 11Bake until top is brown and tester comes out clean (with a few moist crumbs attached), about 35 minutes.
- 12Cool 10 minutes.
- 13Run knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- 14Reverse carefully onto cookie sheet.
- 15Peel off parchment.
- 16Invert again.
- 17Cool. Cut into bars.
- 18Sift icing sugar over.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 63.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g