This is from the Cake Mix Doctor's Chocolate book. Dark, rich, and no-fail since it starts with a mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x13" cake pan.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, place the cake mix, sour cream, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer on low for 1 minute.
- 4Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increasing the mixer speed to medium, mix for 2 more minutes, until the batter is well blended.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- 6Bake the cake for 38 minutes. It's done when it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger. It might need up to 4 more minutes, depending on your oven.
- 7Remove the pan from the oven and cool, in the pan, on a wire rack.
- 8Frost with desired frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Sheet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g