1/4 Photos of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
First Place Winner in RSC#12! Super rich peanut butter dark chocolate brownies with a thick peanut butter topping accented with chocolate drizzle! Serving size will vary on tolerance for rich, sweet foods - the first time I made these, I cut into 20 bars and some of my guests thought that half the size would have been enough... I, on the other hand, had two!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I use 60% Cocoa Ghirardelli baking chips)
- 1/8 cup chunky peanut butter or 1/8 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (NOT chunky)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons evaporated skim milk (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate syrup (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and spray 9x9 (recommended) or 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over low heat. Add baking chips and peanut butter, stirring over low heat until melted.
- 3Remove from heat. Immediately stir in splenda, sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg and then the two egg whites.
- 4Add the flour and stir for about one minute, until batter becomes smooth and glossy.
- 5Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- 6Spread into prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes for a 9x9 dish or slightly more for an 8x8 dish - brownies are done when moist crumbs cling to a toothpick inserted in the middle. Don't overcook (toothpick will come out clean) or they will be dry.
- 7Cool on a wire rack.
- 8To make topping: using an electric mixer combine creamy peanut butter and powdered sugar until you have coarse crumbs. Scraping down sides when necessary.
- 9On medium-high speed, beat in evaporated milk (or milk) one tablespoon at a time until mixture is smooth and spreadable, although not runny. This is not a frosting, the consistency should be rather thick and sturdy.
- 10Spread over cooled brownies.
- 11Plate brownies, then drizzle sugar-free chocolate syrup over brownie before serving for an elegant brownie dessert or drizzle onto uncut brownies, cutting will create a different look each time! Measurement is a guesstimate - I just squeeze it right out of the bottle.
- 12Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.9 mg
- Sodium 59.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: