Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ran across a similar brownie recipe on another forum to use as a guide - I then reduced the fat and sugar content so I wouldn't feel so guilty, but you would never know it by the taste! The cherries add a delicious surprise inside the fudgy brownies. Moreover, they are very simple to make. What's not to love? I use 60% Cocoa Ghirardelli baking chips for this recipe
- 59.16 ml butter
- 236.59 ml bittersweet chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml Splenda granular
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 59.14 ml flour
- 177.44 ml nuts, toasted and chopped
- 78.07 ml dried cherries, chopped
- 78.07 ml bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Butter a 8 or 9-inch square cake pan or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a medium sized sauceplan. Add baking chips, stirring over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat, stirring in splenda, sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg whites, two at a time.
- Add the flour and stir for one minute, until batter loses its graininess and becomes smooth and glossy.
- Stir in the chopped nuts, cherries and baking chips. Spread into prepared cake pan and back for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Oh, these tasted so decadent. Soaked my cherries in Amaretto, and, oh my, were they good. And, of course, I had to taste one before they went into the brownies! Love this recipe, and when I'm feeling bleu, I'm sure these will help. Thnx for posting, my very helpful First Mate. Made for ZWT5 for RRR
Delicious brownies! I used toasted halved almonds and also tried the trick of soaking the cherries. I soaked them overnight in Gran Marnier, just for fun. Delicious!!! We loved them, they were part of a catering platter that got rave reviews! Thanks Brooke! Made for ZWT 5:)
Made these as a special treat for the BF. He loved them! Said they were some of the best brownies. I've never had luck with any other non box brownies, and was surprised by these. Very moist. Did use splenda, used pecans. Will try again, but want to try soaking the cherries in kirsh. :) Thank you so much for posting. Made for ZWT 5.