1/8 Photos of Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
I ran across a similar brownie recipe on another forum to use as a guide - I then reduced the fat and sugar content so I wouldn't feel so guilty, but you would never know it by the taste! The cherries add a delicious surprise inside the fudgy brownies. Moreover, they are very simple to make. What's not to love? I use 60% Cocoa Ghirardelli baking chips for this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees. Butter a 8 or 9-inch square cake pan or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 2Melt butter in a medium sized sauceplan. Add baking chips, stirring over low heat until melted.
- 3Remove from heat, stirring in splenda, sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg whites, two at a time.
- 4Add the flour and stir for one minute, until batter loses its graininess and becomes smooth and glossy.
- 5Stir in the chopped nuts, cherries and baking chips. Spread into prepared cake pan and back for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: