I ran across a similar brownie recipe on another forum to use as a guide - I then reduced the fat and sugar content so I wouldn't feel so guilty, but you would never know it by the taste! The cherries add a delicious surprise inside the fudgy brownies. Moreover, they are very simple to make. What's not to love? I use 60% Cocoa Ghirardelli baking chips for this recipe
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Butter a 8 or 9-inch square cake pan or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a medium sized sauceplan. Add baking chips, stirring over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat, stirring in splenda, sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg whites, two at a time.
- Add the flour and stir for one minute, until batter loses its graininess and becomes smooth and glossy.
- Stir in the chopped nuts, cherries and baking chips. Spread into prepared cake pan and back for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.