This is a recipe I got from my friend Mabel many years ago. They are a delicious and easy cookie to make. You can freeze the logs and take them out when you want to bake them. Chill time is not reflected in the preparation time so plan ahead.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in salt, soda and flour, mixing well.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Shape into 4 round logs.
- Wrap well in wax paper and chill.
- Slice 1/4-inch thick, place on baking sheets and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- You can add 1 cup of any of the following if you wish for a variation: coconut, nuts, raisins or chocolate chips.