Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and the egg yolks.
- Beat until foamy, then add the cornstarch, milk, rum, cheese, lemon rind and raisins blending well.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then gently fold them into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool and serve at room temperature.
My mother always made this recipe, but used a graham cracker crust on the bottom and graham cracker crust on top. She also used Baker's Dry Cottage Cheese. Thank you!!!!