1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe belongs to a very dear friend who was kind enough to share it with me. When her husband was stationed in Lafayette we would get together and bake these cookies at Christmas. It always brings back memories when I make them. I now use this recipe to make "cookie bouquets." When using for a cookie bouquet roll the cookie a little thicker and press lollipop stick into cookie after you have placed on cookie sheet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Mix flour, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Beat egg, egg yolk and vanilla and add to flour mixture.
- 5Mix with hands to make a smooth dough.
- 6Turn dough on lightly floured board and knead several times and form into ball.
- 7Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 8Take half of dough and roll on lightly floured suface to 1/8" thick.
- 9Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown around edges.
- 10Frost with favorite icing.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cut out Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 82.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g