Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light yummy dessert. I usually use low fat milk. When using a preprepared shell, I find these to be rather sweet for my taste but makes for quick easy making. My personal preference is to make a half batch of my Shortcrust Pastry and use.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Mix eggs and sugar till thick and creamy.
- Combine cornflour, milk and vanilla essence and slowly add to egg and sugar mix beating as you do so.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 180 degree celsius and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes. Skewer inserted at centre should come out clean.
This reminds me of the pie my grandmother used to make. Very good, and so easy! And not too sweet. I am going to make again, but will add nutmeg to filling instead of just sprinkling on top. We love our nutmeg! :)
So easy to make, so delicious and, for us, just the right amount of sweetness. Such a bonus that it's relatively low fat too! :) I'll be making this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
dh and i had this for before dinner tonight. It was supose to be desert but it didn't get that far :) I will be making this again very easy desert. Made for RECIPE SWAP #32 - September 2009