Light yummy dessert. I usually use low fat milk. When using a preprepared shell, I find these to be rather sweet for my taste but makes for quick easy making. My personal preference is to make a half batch of my Shortcrust Pastry and use.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Mix eggs and sugar till thick and creamy.
- Combine cornflour, milk and vanilla essence and slowly add to egg and sugar mix beating as you do so.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 180 degree celsius and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes. Skewer inserted at centre should come out clean.