1/2 Photos of Crusty Top, Sour Cream Pound Cake
1 hr 20 mins
out of here's Note:
This is my favorite pound cake. This recipe came out of a book called, Bell's Best. A friend in Augusta, Georgia gave me this cookbook. This makes a good cake for strawberry shortcake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and measure; resift twice with soda.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Cream oleo and add the sugar slowly, beating constantly to cream well.
- 4Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- 5Stir in sour cream.
- 6Add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well.
- 7Stir in vanilla and turn batter into a well greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- 8Bake in 325°F oven about 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Place pan on rack to cool 5 minutes.
- 10Loosen cake around edge of pan.
- 11Turn cake onto rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Top, Sour Cream Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 78.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: