This pie is definitely for the peanut butter lover! Recipe is from Taste of the South. The pie needs to be refrigerated for about 4 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Dream Whip, dessert topping mix
- chocolate-covered peanuts, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, peanuts and sugar.
- Add butter and egg white, stirring to combine.
- Press crumb mixture in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar at high speed with an electric mixer for approximately 6 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, milk and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare dessert topping mix according to package directions.
- Fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon mixture into cooled crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
- Garnish with chocolate-covered peanuts, if desired.
Wonderful Recipe and defiantly not to sweet JUST RIGHT!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING :-)
Really nice pie. Not as sweet as some I have made. I had a very hard time finding the chocolate graham crumbs, so I subbed half regular graham and half Oreo cookie crumbs. :)