1/2 Photos of Crunchy Crumb Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Missy Wright's Note:
This is a yummie alternative to an old favorite. The topping is sweet and the apples are a little tart. I posted this with a ready-to-bake pie crust, but I have found a homemade crust is always better! There are tons of apples in this pie but they cook down during baking. This is delicious topped with vanillia ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust
Crunchy Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1Have Ready a 9-in.
- 2pie plate and a baking sheet.
- 3Place oven rack in lowest position in oven.
- 4Heat oven to 450.
- 5Line pie plate with pie crust as package directs.
- 6Flute or crimp edge.
- 7TOPPING: Mix flour, sugars and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- 8Cut in butter (or rub in with fingertips) until mixture forms moist, coarse crumbs that clump together easily.
- 9FILLING: Peel, halve and core apples.
- 10Cut in 1/8 inch-thick slices (or with a slicing disk of a food processor).
- 11Place in a large bowl, add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- 12Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl, sprinkle over appl slices and toss to coat.
- 13Layer apple slices in pie shell, mounding them higher in center.
- 14Pat topping evenly over apples to form a top crust.
- 15Place pie on the baking sheet to catch any drips.
- 16Bake 15 minutes.
- 17Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake 45 minutes longer or until a skewer meets some resistance when center of pie is pierced (apples will continue cooking after pie is removed from oven) and topping is golden brown.
- 18(If topping browns too quickly, drape a piece of foil loosely over the pie).
- 19Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Crumb Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.6
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 206.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 53.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g