This is a wonderful and very easy recipe, which makes for a delicious and very impressive looking batch of crumble swirls. Great when having company or as a treat for yourself. ;)
- For the dough mix flour and baking powder in a big bowl. Add quark, milk, oil, apple sauce, sugar and salt. Using the dough hooks knead into a smooth dough-first on lowest and then on highest speed for about one minutes (do not knead longer or dough will turn sticky).
- Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle of about 35X20cm.
- For the crumbles mix flour and granola cereal in a bowl. Using your hands work in butter and sugar until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread the crumbles onto the rectangle. Sprinkle with the raisins.
- Starting from the longer side, roll up. Cut into slices of about 1.5cm thickness. Place on a paper-lined baking sheet cut side down. Brush with milk.
- In the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Went looking (without any luck) for some Quark, so ended up using sour cream & that seemed to work just fine! Also used a homemade applesauce (something I usually have on hand)! These very tasty rolls make for a great breakfast as well as a mid-day snack ~ Really enjoyed the topping! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]