Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this one from a food blog. I can't remember which so I can give them the credit for these wonderful simple cookies. They come out crispy and delicious every time and truly melt in your mouth. Note: The recipe is eggless.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter and 3/4 cups sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- Add baking soda and mix until incorporated. Add vinegar.
- Gradually mix in flour and vanilla. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, mixed with your favorite colored sugar sprinkles.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet (cookie will spread quite a bit, so leave plenty of room).
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness with the bottom of a glass, dipped in sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to cooling rack.
Thank you for this recipe! It is very easy, and made, by far, the best sugar cookies I have ever eaten. They are very tasty, but the thing I love the most is their over-the-top crispiness. <br/><br/>I took the cookies to a family picnic, and the cookies were a huge hit with everyone.
FINALLY! I have been looking for a recipe for a good crispy sugar cookie for quite some time now! I love crispy sugar cookies and cannot stand soft ones! Perfect! Thank you so much for posting!!!! I will be using this A LOT!!! (And I no longer have to rely on my friend for baking me a batch once a year...and she wouldn't share the recipe!)
Delicious and crisp! A little too brittle for me, but they were really good! The sprinkles wouldn't stick to the outside of the cookies, so we just mixed them in. My son is allergic to eggs, so it was nice to have a recipe that he could not only eat, but help to make as well. Thanks!