I've been making these dinner rolls for years and everyone always loves them. Recipe source: The Finnish Cookbook
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- In a saucepan heat the cream (or milk) over med heat to boiling point (but don't let it boil) and add butter to milk. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Add milk/butter mixture to yeast mixture.
- Add salt (1 teaspoon) and one cup of flour, stirring to combine. Add remainder of flour, a little at a time until you have a stiff dough. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Turn dough out on floured board and knead until smooth.
- Put dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease both sides of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and/or damp towel. Let rise until doubled (1 - 2 hours).
- Turn dough out onto floured board and roll it into a 16-inch circle. Spread dough with soft butter and cut into 8 wedges. Roll each wedge up, starting at wide end and shape into a cresent. Place rolls on a greased baking sheet and brush with egg white and sprinkle with kosher salt and caraway seeds.
- Let roll rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.