1/3 Photos of Crescent Rolls
3 hrs 30 mins
I've been making these dinner rolls for years and everyone always loves them. Recipe source: The Finnish Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- 2In a saucepan heat the cream (or milk) over med heat to boiling point (but don't let it boil) and add butter to milk. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- 3Add milk/butter mixture to yeast mixture.
- 4Add salt (1 teaspoon) and one cup of flour, stirring to combine. Add remainder of flour, a little at a time until you have a stiff dough. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- 5Turn dough out on floured board and knead until smooth.
- 6Put dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease both sides of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and/or damp towel. Let rise until doubled (1 - 2 hours).
- 7Turn dough out onto floured board and roll it into a 16-inch circle. Spread dough with soft butter and cut into 8 wedges. Roll each wedge up, starting at wide end and shape into a cresent. Place rolls on a greased baking sheet and brush with egg white and sprinkle with kosher salt and caraway seeds.
- 8Let roll rise for 30 minutes.
- 9Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- 10Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crescent Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.4
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 436.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g