1/2 Photos of Creamy Lemon Squares
Sydney Mike's Note:
These tasty lemony nuggets were found at Kraft Foods, & although there are boxed lemon bar mixes out there, the homemade kind, well.... Preparation time DOES NOT INCLUDE the 2+ hours to chill in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CRUST
- 20 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or 1/4 cup margarine, cold
FOR THE FILLING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & line 8" square baking dish with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan [to be used as handles to lift out baked & cooled pastry].
- 2FOR THE CRUST: In medium bowl, combine wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup flour & brown sugar.
- 3Cut in butter/margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 5Bake 15 minutes.
- 6FOR THE FILLING: Meanwhile, in medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cheese & sugar until well blended.
- 7Add eggs & 2 tablespoons flour, mixing well.
- 8Blend in 1 tablespoon lemon zest, lemon juice & baking powder.
- 9Pour over crust.
- 10Bake 25-28 minutes or until center is set.
- 11Cool completely, then cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 12If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or garnish with remaining lemon zest.
- 13Cut into squares to serve.
- 14Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 83.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g