1/1 Photo of Cream Puff Squares
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker. She brought a piece in for me for breakfast one day and I immediately asked for the recipe. This tastes just like a real bakery style cream puff, without all of the work or expense. Cooking time includes 1 hour chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2For Crust: Heat water and butter over medium heat until butter in melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- 3Stir in the flour all at once. Reduce heat to low and stir mixture vigorously about one minute or until mixture leaves sides of pand and forms a ball.
- 4Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth,.
- 6Spread mixture evenly over bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake 20 minutes. Surface will puff unevenly. Prick 10-12 times to release steam; continue baking 5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely.
- 7For filing: Pour milk into bowl. Add pudding mixes; whisk 2 minutes until thickened. Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust. Refridgerate 1 hour.
- 8For topping: Place chocolate and 1 cup cool whip in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cold squares.
- 9Refridgerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Puff Squares
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 261.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g