Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker. She brought a piece in for me for breakfast one day and I immediately asked for the recipe. This tastes just like a real bakery style cream puff, without all of the work or expense. Cooking time includes 1 hour chill time.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- For Crust: Heat water and butter over medium heat until butter in melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in the flour all at once. Reduce heat to low and stir mixture vigorously about one minute or until mixture leaves sides of pand and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until mixture is smooth,.
- Spread mixture evenly over bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake 20 minutes. Surface will puff unevenly. Prick 10-12 times to release steam; continue baking 5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely.
- For filing: Pour milk into bowl. Add pudding mixes; whisk 2 minutes until thickened. Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spread mixture evenly over cooled crust. Refridgerate 1 hour.
- For topping: Place chocolate and 1 cup cool whip in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cold squares.
- Refridgerate until ready to serve.