Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh Strawberry pie with creamy sweat cream cheese on top.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Topped Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, washed and cored
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 keebler shortbread pie crust
- In a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Cover and put in refrigerator. Place several whole strawberries on the bottom of the pie shell and then fill in with sliced strawberries. Set aside. Bring water, sugar, cornstarch to boil over medium-low heat until thick and clear, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add Jell-O. Stir until dissolved and pour while hot over berries in pie shell. Let cool, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight. When pie is cooled, spoon the cream cheese topping on top of the pie and smooth over. Or, if you like you can pipe the cheese on with a frosting bag and tip. (a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off works well too.) Refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
My mom used to make this strawberry pie! So good! Thanks for the wonderful "mom-memory"!