Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Very yummy sugar cookies from the Pillsbury site.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- colored crystal sugar or decorator icing, if desired
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except flour and colored sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour; mix well. Shape dough into 3 disks. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375°F On floured surface, roll out 1 disk of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated.) Cut with lightly floured 2 1/2-inch round or desired shape cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 6 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. If desired, frost and decorate plain cookies.
This recipe was amazing. I made them for my sister's baby shower and everyone loved them. The dough was really soft and we had to keep refrigerating it because it was so hot here we couldnt work with it for very long before it got way sticky. The only downfall was that the flavor changed through the proccess. You could tell the first batch from the secon and last. But the second batch I made turned out fine because we made them at night and so they didnt melt as fast.
The y were great and easy to make I would make this again except the next time I will double it
These are fabulous! My husband is diabetic, so I substituted 1 cup of splenda for the sugar. I used half a cup of splenda and 1/4 water with food coloring and painted little Christmas designs on top. I baked them for 6 minutes and they were perfect sugar-free sugar cookies! :) Thank you so much ESG!