These bars combines the velvety richness of cheesecake with fresh tangy rhubarb for a delicious dessert that everyone will love.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter, flour, oats and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Press 1/2 the mixture into bottom of 9x13 baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, white sugar, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Stir in rhubarb.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining reserved topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- Serve cool.
We had some cream cheese to use up and loads of rhubarb so was looking for a whole lot of different ideas and we enjoyed these
Excellent bars! I did bake the crust for about 8 min before adding filling. I do feel that the ingredients listed could be put in a better order as they were kind of confusing. I used 2/3 of the crust mix on the bottom and 1/3 sprinkled on the top and topped with a few chopped walnuts. The flavor is wonderful. Thanks so much for posting!
This is a wonderful recipe although much too sweet for my liking. So I reduced the white sugar, and found it to be good. I also made this recipe at least 4 times, and have substituted the rhubarb with sour apples and added cinnamon and nutmeg, and have used sour cherries and added vanilla to the cream cheese. I also found that it needed a little more baking that was called for in the recipe. Great basic recipe to play with.