Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is one of my favorite pies!!!
Make and share this Cream Cheese Pineapple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and pineapples with juice in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and clear.
- Cool and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Blend in milk and vanilla.
- Note: If mixture looks a little curdled don't worry, it bakes out!
- Spread cooled pineapple layer over bottom of pie shell.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over pineapple.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake pie at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325F and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.
After Lennie's comment about too much salt, I realized she was right! I normally cut the salt back myself, but when I typed it into Zaar I forgot to make that change. Thanks to Gay, the above amount of salt is now correct! Thanks guys!!!
This was very tasty, and very easy to make. The pie had a bit of a salty taste, even though I cut the salt back to 1/2 tsp; I will cut the salt back to 1/4 tsp, I think, the next time I make it. Other than adjusting the salt, the only change I made was to eliminate the nuts (due to a nut-phobic son). The filling amount filled my storebought pie shell right up to the rim, meaning a bit did slop over when I transferred it onto a cookie sheet to go into the oven -- a minor mess, and one that wouldn't have happened, I think, had I used a homemade 9-inch pie crust, or a deepdish crust. I swear those storebought pie shells are too small! The pie was a hit at dessert tonight, and I will definitely make it again. I also think it'll be perfect to take to potlucks :-)
I've been trying to duplicate my father in laws pie from childhood and this turned out to be THE pie! This really gave him a lot of comfort, especially since his wife just passed away. I really appreciated being able to do a little thing to help. He ate this pie in Brooklyn bakeries and even his family didn't know how to make it, so it was a real coop figuring out the recipe! I used full fat cream cheese. My father in law really liked the addition of nuts on top. Thanks Kim! Roxygirl