Found this on the web again -- a nice fruitty cake
Make and share this Cream Cheese Peach Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can peaches (sliced variety)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons syrup, from peaches
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl, beating 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour into a well greased "deep dish" pie plate.
- Drain peaches, reserving some syrup. Arrange peach slices over this mixture.
- Beat cream cheese, peach syrup and 1/2 cup sugar at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon and spread over peaches to within 1 inch of batter.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over top of everything.
- Bake at 350 degrees until crust is golden brown (about 30 to 35 minutes).