Truly a work of art – the perfect marriage of deep chocolate swirled with smooth cream cheese for an intensely rich, delicious flavor. From Nestle's.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (62% Cacao, broken into pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate pieces in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir.
- If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted; cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup sugar and butter in medium mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add remaining 3 eggs, milk and remaining teaspoon vanilla extract; beat until well mixed.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Drop tablespoons of cream cheese mixture randomly over chocolate mixture.
- Swirl mixtures deeply with spoon, pulling chocolate mixture up to surface.
- Bake for 33 to 38 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars.
I made these to take to a work Christmas lunch, and everyone loved them. The perfect mix of creaminess and sweet. Really loved the dark chocolate in them. Thanks for sharing!! Made for Zaar 123 Tag game.
I made these for a meeting, and they were a big hit. They're rich...you don't need big squares, but they are heavenly. The cream cheese and chocolate balance each other so neither is overpowering. I love them...
Oh Yum! These brownies are so good...ambrosia. The brownies are moist, tender, rich, chocolatey, silky, creamy and oh so delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this incredible treat. I will try to share but I need help, I can't seem to stop eating them.