Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Use with my recipe for Carrot Cake
Make and share this Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
This was great with the carrot cake!!! I only used 2 cups of sugar and the taste was perfect! Lots of compliments on this one!!
I followed YungB's advice and added the sugar incrementally so it wasn't too sweet. It complemented the lemon bundt cake beautifully. Fabulous and fast! A keeper for sure. Thank you!
Five minutes to pull this together. Used real butter and replaced the vanilla extract with real maple extract for frosting this cake: Crazy Spice Cake. Thank you. cg