Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is a favorite in my family. I made it for the holiday christmas party at work and everyone wanted the recipe. It is the best of cheese cake and chocolate in one.
- microwave 3/4 cup of margarine and 2 oz. chocolate squares until melted. Stir together.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut and peanuts (I don't use the coconut because my husband doesn't like it). Press mixture onto bottom of 13x9 inch backing pan. Chill 30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until well blended. Spread over graham cracker crust. Chill 30 minutes.
- Microwave reamaining margarine and chocolate squares until melted. Mix well, and then spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until chocolate is hardened.
- cut into squares and serve. Hint: Warm a knife with warm water to cut without cracking the chocolate topping.
- The review reminded me that I do double my chocolate topping. It just makes it that much better!