Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and simple, perfect for a brunch or morning tea. This is a variation of a recipe that appeared in Sunday Life magazine, in Sydney's Sun Herald, a few years ago. The original used blackbery jam, I prefer strawberry - you could probably use any flavour you like.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut pastry into 4 squares and place on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Place a quarter of jam and quarter of cream cheese into centre of each piece of pastry. Don't overfill or it will leak out during cooking.
- Carefully bring the four points together to form a parcel and twist - don't worry too much about small gaps.
- Bake for approx 20 mins or until golden.
- When cool dust with icing sugar.
Pretty much followed the recipe but did leave off the powdered sugar! I used apricot preserves this 1st time, & another time would like to try a homemade strawberry jam! Thanks for the nice treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
These are easy and yummy! I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets. The first round I did the recipe with no changes. Jelly oozing out alot. I did a second round with 2 tsp of jam and cream cheese.There is some oozing but not as much! I need to perfect these but still good messy:)
Easy and awesome. I made some cream cheese icing to go with mine. Make sure to note the temperature in the recipe is Celsius!