Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I cut this recipe off from either the back of a box, or maybe the packaging for some bakeware, as it is printed on cardboard. I haven't made it yet, but it sure sounds good!
- Beat together cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour muffin pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until batter is of smooth consistency.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Dab on four separate rounded teaspoons of filling close to the edges of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
Excellent recipe! Only change I made was that instead of using normal cocoa powder I had to use Dutch-Processed Cocoa powder which affect the reaction with baking soda. I used 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and it worked great. Thanks!
These are very good. They were moist and a pleasant sweet treat. I did have some problems with the cupcake running over and the middle sinking, but they tasted great. Thanks!
This recipe is very old. My mother made these when I was a little girl and my grandmother. I made these for my children and no matter what the age they are a hit with everyone.