Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Cranberry-Orange Tea Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease and flour an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the cranberries and sugar; pulse to coarsely grind; set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt; add in the orange zest and walnuts; toss to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice and eggs; beat with a whisk until frothy; add in vanilla and cranberry mixture; stir to combine, then pour over dry ingredients and drizzle with melted butter.
- Stir with a large spatula just until the batter is moistened and the cranberries are evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into loaf pan; bake in the center of oven for 45-50 minutes, until a pick comes out clean.
- The top of the loaf should be crusty and golden.
- Turn loaf out of pan onto a rack, then turn it right side up to cool completely.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature overnight before serving.