1 hr 35 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; grease and flour an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- 2In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the cranberries and sugar; pulse to coarsely grind; set aside.
- 3In a big bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt; add in the orange zest and walnuts; toss to blend.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the orange juice and eggs; beat with a whisk until frothy; add in vanilla and cranberry mixture; stir to combine, then pour over dry ingredients and drizzle with melted butter.
- 5Stir with a large spatula just until the batter is moistened and the cranberries are evenly distributed.
- 6Pour batter into loaf pan; bake in the center of oven for 45-50 minutes, until a pick comes out clean.
- 7The top of the loaf should be crusty and golden.
- 8Turn loaf out of pan onto a rack, then turn it right side up to cool completely.
- 9Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Orange Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of