Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
chocolate and butterscotch together should be really good.
Make and share this County Fair Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, unbaked
- in a mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- stir in nuts and chips.
- pour into pastry shell.
- bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- store in refrigerator.
I'm so glad to find this recipe again! I make it using a combination of whatever nuts and chips I have on hand, including white chocolate, butterscotch, and milk chocolate chips along with or instead of the ones called for. The more variety the better! I just make sure the total amount of chips and nuts is about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups. We serve it warm with ice cream.