1/1 Photo of Country-Style Fresh Blackberry Pie
Mmmmmmmmmm, I love blackberries!! If you do too, you might like to try this sometime! It's really good warm with vanilla ice cream, too!! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse blackberries in colander, dry on papertowels.
- 2Make and roll out enough pie dough to line a regular (not deep-dish) 9" pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to keep cold. Wrap other ball (rest)of dough and chill, too.
- 3Place blackberries in large bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice. Set aside.
- 4In small bowl, mix 1 cup sugar with the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5Sprinkle over berries and slightly toss very gently.
- 6Remove dough-lined plate from fridge,(uncover), and gently pour berries into pie plate. Be sure to slightly mound them in the center.
- 7Evenly dot top of berries with cut up butter.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Roll out second portion of pie dough to an 11" circle.
- 10Cut a 2" cross in center. Fold back each center point to create a steam vent.
- 11Place top crust over filling.
- 12Fold edge of top crust under edge of bottom crust and press together to seal.
- 13Stick four toothpicks down through the points (folds) of steam vents on the top crust to hold in place while baking.
- 14Crimp edge of pie crust all the way around.
- 15Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 16Place pie on foil-lined cookie sheet to catch any spills.
- 17Cover edge of pie crust with foil to prevent over-browning.
- 18Bake in 400 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or til juices bubble through steam vent and crust is golden brown.
- 19Remove to wire rack to cool.
- 20Remove toothpicks.
- 21Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if preferred!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country-Style Fresh Blackberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.2
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 360.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g