The longer it sits,the better it tastes. It's one of those recipes that everyone wants when they try it. Use low or no-fat sour cream and mayonnaise to reduce the calories in this dish.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Bake cornbread mix according to package instructions and crumble.
- Combine ranch-style dressing mix,sour cream and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together peppers, onions, tomatoes, pinto beans and corn.
- In a 3-quart salad bowl,layer 1/2 of the cornbread, 1/2 of the vegetables, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the dressing.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.