Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
The longer it sits,the better it tastes. It's one of those recipes that everyone wants when they try it. Use low or no-fat sour cream and mayonnaise to reduce the calories in this dish.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Bake cornbread mix according to package instructions and crumble.
- Combine ranch-style dressing mix,sour cream and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together peppers, onions, tomatoes, pinto beans and corn.
- In a 3-quart salad bowl,layer 1/2 of the cornbread, 1/2 of the vegetables, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the dressing.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
This was a huge hit at a recent graduation party!! I'm holding onto this recipe--it's a winner!!
We absolutely loved this side dish. Peppers and Corn and Beans Oh My! The ranch dressing was the perfect compliment to this salad... it was very tasty! Thanks so much for posting your recipe :)
Thank you so much for posting this wonderful recipe. I had this at a family reunion and lost the recipe.