1/1 Photo of Cornbread Salad
1 hr 35 mins
The longer it sits,the better it tastes. It's one of those recipes that everyone wants when they try it. Use low or no-fat sour cream and mayonnaise to reduce the calories in this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1Bake cornbread mix according to package instructions and crumble.
- 2Combine ranch-style dressing mix,sour cream and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- 3In another bowl, mix together peppers, onions, tomatoes, pinto beans and corn.
- 4In a 3-quart salad bowl,layer 1/2 of the cornbread, 1/2 of the vegetables, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the dressing.
- 5Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- 6Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.2
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 885.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix