This cornbread dressing recipe has been a tradition in my family as long as I can remember. I finally sat my aunt down to give me the details of how to make it since the recipe was not written down but only in her head.
My Private Note
large t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (9 inch) round cornbread (2 9-inch iron skillets)
- 1 1/2 loaves bread (king thin, toasted)
- 4 cups turkey drippings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cup celery (minced)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 1/2 onions (large, chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Crumble cooked cornbread and toasted bread and place in large aluminum turkey pan.
- 3In a sauce pan saute onion and celery.
- 4Add turkey drippings, sage, salt, butter, water and poultry seasoning to celery and onion and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- 5Pour over cornbread mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 6Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- 7Turn heat to 300 degrees and bake for 2 hours stirring occasionally to preferred consistency.
- 8Add chopped egg and return to oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (2761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3391.6
- Calories from Fat 1717
- Total Fat 190.8 g
- Saturated Fat 102.0 g
- Cholesterol 1638.0 mg
- Sodium 12511.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 332.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 88.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: