Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe originated on the back of a Kellogg's Corn Flakes box years ago. A good way to use up any extra cornflakes you have hanging around. I just made these yesterday and got 45 cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large mixing bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
- Stir in cream of tartar and vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar beating until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in pecans, coconut and cornflakes.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoon onto well greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove immediately and place on wire rack to cool.
Boy, Dorel do these cookies bring back memories of burnt offerings past! I LOVE these cookies! I cut the sugar down as you suggested. Because we don't purchase boxed cereal often, I was able to find generic "Corn Flakes" in the bulk bin at the grocery store. So I only had to buy as much as was needed for the recipe. How lucky was I? And you can NEVER go wrong with coconut in my humble opinion. CG is a big proponent of parchment paper which has made me actually enjoy baking for the first time in my life. Thanks for sharing this oldie but goodie. Merry Christmas, Dorel!! CG ;)