1/4 Photos of Cookies And Cream Cake
This is a recipe from The Cake Mix Doctor. My family loves it and it's very easy to prepare. It's been requested for birthday cakes, but it's so easy, you can enjoy it anytime. There is no sweetener in the frosting, just the cookie crumbs. But if you wish, you can add about 1 tablespoon of sugar when you are whipping the cream for a little extra sweetness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 chocolate sandwich style cookies (aka Oreo's)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream (whipping)
- 1Process cookies in a food processor, and process until they are crumbs.
- 2(I've even put the cookies in a ziploc bag and pounded them with a rolling pin-- very theraputic) You should have about 2 1/4 cups of crumbs.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4Grease 2- 9 inch pans with shortening, and dust with flour.
- 5Mix cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, on low speed for 1 minute.
- 6Scrape down sides of bowl, increase speed to medium, and beat for 2 more minutes.
- 7Fold in 1 cup of the cookie crumbs.
- 8Divide the batter between the 2 pans,and bake for 25-30 minutes, until it tests done.
- 9When cakes are done, cool in pans on racks for 10 minutes.
- 10Then invert each cake onto a rack, turning right side-up to cool.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Beat the whipping cream on high speed until it forms stiff peaks, about 4 minutes or so.
- 13Gently fold in 1 cup of the cookie crumbs.
- 14Chill until cake is completely cooled.
- 15Here you can do either 2 or 4 layers.
- 16For 2, leave cake layers as is, and frost between the two layers, and top and sides of cakes.
- 17For 4 layers, use a serrated knife and slice each cake into 2 layers.
- 18Frost between each layer, and top and sides of cakes.
- 19Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top of frosted cake.
- 20Store cake in fridge, covered for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cookies And Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.6
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 300.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g