This is my mother's recipe. She would make this cake for my father's church meetings years ago.
Make and share this Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Combine salad oil, egg and milk.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to milk mixture and mix together well.
- Pour into greased 9X9X2-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with Spicy Topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
- Spicy Topping: Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1/2 cup broken nuts. Sprinkle over warm cake.
This is a simple and delicious recipe! I made it while my 4 month old was taking her afternoon nap and it was made, baked, plus dishes washed by the time she awoke! Thank you so much for posting! :)
I also took this to church and shared it with my fellow members of our sewing bee. They loved it! So did my husband, and I have promised to make it for him again. I did make one mistake... I failed to read the last sentence! I sprinkled the topping before I put it in the oven. I will know better next time! Still, it turned out just fine. It will be even better next time. Made for Spring PAC 2009.