1 hr 20 mins
I developed this recipe as a semi-healthy breakfast bread I can give to my kids in the morning. I think it's delicious as-is, but if you want to make it in a more traditional style, you can make any or all of the following substitutions: 2 cups sugar for 1/2 cups + 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1 cup vegetable oil for 3/4 cup grapeseed oil + 1/4 cup ground flaxseed, 3 cups all-purpose flour for 1 1/2 cup all-purpose + 1 1/2 ww pastry flour. Also, my kids don't like nuts in sweet breads and muffins, so I use chocolate chips. You could replace those with more coconut or chopped nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil (or use canola)
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 3 cups zucchini, unpeeled and grated (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chip (or chopped nuts)
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease loaf pans and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the beaten eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt (if using), and flaxseed (if using) until thoroughly blended. Stir in the zucchini.
- 3In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to the wet ingredients, mixing well. Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips. Pour into the loaf pans.
- 4Bake at 350 for 1 hour until they look brown and firm and don't jiggle when you shake the pans. Cool on a baking rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2648.1
- Calories from Fat 1164
- Total Fat 129.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 2188.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 355.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.9 g
- Sugars 202.0 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat vanilla yogurt