Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe came fom the Baker's German Chocolate wrapper..In the early 80's..I think??
Make and share this Coconut pecan frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine 1 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, 3 slightly beaten egg yolks, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Add 1 1/3 cups Baker's Angel Flake Coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Cool until thick enough to spread, beating occasionally.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups.
I used this to frost coconut cupcakes. I was delicious. It had been a long time since I have had anything with this type of icing. I am not sure what the correct culinary term is, but this Is an excellent change from a traditional butter cream. It was so easy to make and so easy to spread. I used half and half instead of evaporated milk and that worked just fine. This is for the real coconut lover.
This is fabulous! Decadent and can make a boxed german chocolate cake taste like heaven!
Although the directions are different, the ingredient list is the same as the recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook. I made it for the first time yesterday and it was AMAZING. I'm fighting the urge to make more!