What a great treat. Very rich, creamy and easy to prepare. They are wonderful for an assortment of sweets during the holidays or a cookie exchange. Perfect for the chocoholic!
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, milk, coconut and pecans.
- Pour over the crust.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until set in center.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- In top of a double boiler over boiling water, melt the chocolate chips and melted butter until smooth, drizzle over the cut bars.