1/1 Photo of Coconut / Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Chef #165326's Note:
Simple to make and really good! This wafer thin cookie is both crispy and a bit chewy, with just a hint of orange rind flavor. They disappear very quickly I might add, leaving you craving more! Unknown where it originally came from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and salt together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2In mixer bowl blend thoroughly together shortening, eggs, sugar, vanilla and orange rind.
- 3Add to the flour and salt mixture and blend well.
- 4Fold in oats and coconut.
- 5Drop teaspoonful size amounts onto very lightly greased cookie sheets, allowing 2 inches between each cookie.
- 6Flatten thin with a knife which has been dipped in ice water.
- 7Bake in a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until brown around the edges.
- 8Remove quickly from cookie sheet and cool on paper towels.
- 9Note: Cookies will crisp up when completly cooled.
- 10Do not store in tightly sealed container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut / Oatmeal Lace Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.5
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g