My family and I really enjoy this recipe. It makes a nice small batch of 2 dozen cookies and is very easy to put together. These cookies have a really good coconut taste-Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together the shortening and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt and give it a quick stir.
- Gently mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients til mixed. Then stir in the oats and coconut.
- Shape dough into balls and place on cool ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Watch closely-Don't overcook!
- Let rest on sheet for 1 minute after removing from oven then transfer to wire racks to cool.
Made these today with my 3 yr old today. They were quick and easy and very tasty!! Made with a cookie scoop so it made 18 cookies. Made a dozen as per the recipe and 6 with chocolate chips added. Will make these again because they are a quick cookie to make. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
These are totally awesome!! The batch size is perfect, I found it made exactly 24 cookies. I didn't have shortening so I subbed butter which probably make mine a bit more golden than the recipe intended... I also added 1/2 c chocolate chips since we like the coconut/chocolate combination. This is an excellent recipe which I'm sure I will be making again. Thanks for sharing it.
Yummy was the review given by one of my testers...the small batch size was ideal for just the 2 of us and the occasional drop-in. Followed the recipe exactly..oven time was right on. Quick and easy recipe. Thanks so much for posting.