A nice easy cake. I love this with coffee.
Make and share this Coconut Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour,butter, baking powder and sugar with a pastry blender or finger tips until crumb consistency.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Add to crumb mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Pour in a greased and floured 7 x10 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Great crumb cake! A couple suggestions: after step 1, I portioned out about 3/4 c. of the mixture to use for topping. I added half the coconut to the topping, and half to the batter. I also added 1/2 t. almond extract to the batter. For the sugar, I used a combo of brown and white. I baked it in a 9x9 pan. This makes a very pretty, moist crumb cake that baked perfectly in about 28 minutes. Easy to toss together with very nice results. Winner!
What a great cake aronsinvest. I really enjoyed this tasty treat. The little cakes were tall, light, tender and full of flavor. The coconut and butter are the most prevalent flavors, it's beautiful. I really enjoyed the coconut in this cake. I made them in little cake molds, they worked perfectly. The crumb on the cake is spot on. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make again often. Made for Spring Pac/2012.
I just want to know if you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut