1/4 Photos of Coconut Cream Cupcakes
1 hr 5 mins
Pixie's Kitchen's Note:
From Ladies Home Journal June 07. Recipes for a bridal shower.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 paper baking cups
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, beaten to firm peaks
- 1/3 cup coconut, shavings toasted, for garnish
coconut custard recipe
- 1Cup Cake Cooking Directions:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 F and arrange rack in center. Line 1 (12 cup) muffin pan with baking cups; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat together butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and extract; beat until combined well, about 2 minutes. Alternately add flour mixture and coconut milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- 3Divide batter among baking cups and bake until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, remove cupcakes and cool completely on rack.
- 4Holding a small knife at ab angle, cut a 1 1/2 inch round in the top of each cupcake, forming a shallow cone shaped opening. Remove tops and fill each cupcake with 2 tablespoons custard; re-cover. Dollop whipped cream on top of each cupcake and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
- 5Coconut Custard Directions:.
- 6Whisk together cornstarch, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Add milk, coconut milk and yolks; whisk until combined well. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring constantly; immediately remove from heat. Add butter and stir until melted and combined well. Transfer to a bowl set over ice and cold water; let cool completely, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.4 mg
- Sodium 199.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g