GREAT COMBINATON! My friends nicknamed these cookies "black-white" bars. These bars help with the chocolate and coconut cravings at the same time! They sell well at Bake Sales! Careful not to overbake. They store well in an air-tight container and flavor enhances with age.
- In a medium size bowl, beat eggs and add sugar. Blend in melted butter and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Blend into mixture.
- Pour one-half of batter into another bowl. In one batter add cocoa and the one tablespoon of melted butter. In the second batter add coconut.
- Pour the chocolate batter into a greased 8 x 8 baking pan. Spread the coconut batter on top.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool.
- Topping: Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute. Add melted butter and mix. Spread onto cooled bars. Let cool completely and cut into bars. Cut small--they are rich. (I have placed pan in fridg for 30 minutes to cool quickly.).