This is a little different than other coconut cakes. It is very moist and quick to make. Always a big hit, if you like coconut!
- Mix together sugar, flour,soda, coconut,salt, slightly beaten eggs & pineapple with juice.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Top with brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- While cake is baking; cook evaporated milk,sugar,butter and vanilla in a saucepan until boiling.
- Pour over cake as soon as it is removed from oven.
- Prick cake with fork so topping will be absorbed.